Saturday 29 August 2015

Clacton Air Show - 2015

We decided to have 24 hours out and take in the Clacton air show.  There was a reason for this as we had already had a very good time at the Sunderland air show and this was going to be much of the same. The Avro Vulcan, it is the last flying season for the aircraft and although it has been resurrected before I reckon this will be the last time.

It was a force 5 - 6 day and the anchorage off the beach was a bit bouncy but I managed to get the odd picture or two, magic.


Above is what it looks like flying and some good commentary on it too.

Below we have some pics, the quality of which depended on how well I was hanging on and how well the image stabilisation of the Cannon coped with the swell.

Here we have a MiG-15, Sally B the Flying Fortress, the Big V, and the Typhoon, oh, and the odd Thames Barge thrown.  I missed the Chinook as I was so impressed with its antics.  They must have learnt those from dodging missiles in Afghanistan 'cause surely they wouldn't learn it a fly school?


































1 comment:

  1. Great pics from a pretty horrible day Bill. I was surprised at how quiet the B-17 was. I saw the Vulcan and Typhoon from The Naze, where they hung around til it was their turn.

    ReplyDelete