Tuesday 11 October 2011

Tutak goes North - vids (Stromness to Cape Wrath).


It took me a long time to realise that I did actually have the facilites to take short videos on my Cannon.  This is one I took when I found myself alive after a few worrying hours out of Stromness and in the lee of Hoy with its attendant down drafts.  I had emptied my sick bucket by now by the way.




It is always amazing how benign the sea looks when caught on film.  Maybe it wasn't that bad and just my recollections.  Most of the waves were no bigger than 2 metres from top to bottom.  There was the odd rogue one that was rather bigger than the rest and slapped one about a bit.


I guess the real problem is a sense of scale, coupled with the fisherman's tale makes it hard to judge from a film.  According to the log the wind speed was averaging around 26-28 knots with the odd gust blowing the tops off.  Tutak was loving it and cracking on very nicely, she needs a blow to get her to lift her skirts and run.



No comments:

Post a Comment