Wednesday 12 October 2011

Now when one goes off sailing it is often not possible to take piccies of ones craft in the elements.  So to give you an idea of what dear old Tutak is like I have included some photos.





Hard on the wind with yours truly waving. Not an "in focus" pic but it was taken with a long lens from 3/4 mile away, sorry.  The sails are Arun and are original, i.e. nearly thirty years old!  So excuse the baggy/saggy bits.




Ok so I didn't have the water sails on here but this is Tutak in all her lightweight finery.  An asymmetric and a mizzen staysail.  Asymmetric sounds fancier than "cruising chute" don't you think?

 


Head on with the chute and mizzen staysail.  The pole has a wee bend I see!

 


There is a story to this one.  I was single handed and it was a fine day and not a lot of wind so I thought I would take to the dinghy in order to photograph the boat.  The autopilot was engaged and I decanted into the dinghy on a very long painter, then the wind picked up and.......

No comments:

Post a Comment